Transfer Admissions Criteria: The minimum requirements to be accepted for transfer students at NNU are as follows:
- Cumulative college GPA of at least 2.0
- Good academic standing at all previous institutions
- Students with fewer than 28 transfer credits will also be evaluated on high school GPA and ACT or SAT scores
Transfer students falling below regular requirements in one or more areas may be admitted on provisional status. Call the transfer admissions counselor for more information.
To be considered for acceptance at NNU you must submit the following:
- Transfer Application: the fall semester enrollment deadline is August 15, and the spring deadline is December 15.
- Introductory Essay
- $40 Application Fee
- Unofficial transcripts from every college you've attended since graduating from high school. These can be scanned and emailed to your admissions counselor.
The following documents are required to complete your admissions file and enroll:
- Transfer Academic Planning form
- Immunization Record form or scan and email a copy of your immunization records to your admissions counselor.
- Residential Status Agreement form: please submit this form even if you do not plan to live on campus. If you are 24 or older, this form is not required. Transfer student under the age of 22 who are not married and do not have children are required to live on campus and must supply an additional form to be considered for an exception to the on-campus housing policy. Find more about our campus housing policy including the off-campus housing application here.
- Official transcripts from every college you've attended since graduating form high school.
- If you have less than 28 college credits to transfer, also submit:
- ACT or SAT scores. NNU applicants must submit a composite score of 18 or above on the ACT or 1270 or above on the SAT.
- High school transcripts or high school equivalency test scores.
Once you have been accepted to NNU, you can secure your financial aid, housing assignment, and class schedule by paying your $250 advance tuition deposit. This deposit will be applied to your tuition. The deposit must be in by May 15 (fall semester applicants) or November 15 (spring semester applicants) to secure your spot at NNU. This deposit is non-refundable after May 1 for fall semester applicants or December 1 for spring semester applicants.